Introduction to Archipelago
Archipelago is a mix of deeply integrated custom-coded Drupal modules (the Strawberryfield Modules, made with care by us) and a curated and well-configured Drupal instance, running under a discrete and well-planned set of service containers.
Learn more about Archipelago's guiding principles, system architecture, technical roadmap, and current 1.0.0-RC2 specs and features:
- Archipelago's Philosophy & Guiding Principles
- Strawberryfields Forever
- Software Services
- Archipelago's Technical Roadmap (updated in tandem with new releases)
- Archipelago 1.0.0-RC2 Specs and Features
Instructions and Guides
Archipelago Deployment Quickstart
To deploy a local instance of Archipelago 1.0.0-RC2 using Docker (docker-compose) and explore the many possibilities, please follow this guide. That repository and README.md explains how to deploy Archipelago on OSX and Ubuntu 18.04 in 5 simple steps.
Digital Objects and Collections Creation and Management
- Ingesting Your First Object
- Webforms In Archipelago
- Twig Templates and Archipelago (how Twig is used in Archipelago)
- Working With Twig in Archipelago (getting started with custom Twig templates)
- Archipelago Multi-Importer (AMI)
*Additional instructions and guides related to Site Administration and Configuration can be found in Archipelago's Main Documentation on Github.
Archipelago Presentations and Documents
- Archipelago : an empathic Digital Repository Architecture
- Working with Archipelago Multi-Importer
- Twig Templates and Archipelago
- Archipelago Digital Objects Repository (an) architecture to last (DrupalCon North America 2021)
- Archipelago 1.0.0-RC2 Specs and features
Questions and Additional Support
We invite you to share your questions, use cases, and ideas in the Archipelago Google Groups Forum. You can also visit our Support page to find more information about Hosting and Help for Archipelago.