General information about Archipelago, including an overview of the system architecture and how to get started can be found here.
To deploy a local instance of Archipelago 1.0.0-RC1 using Docker (docker-compose) and explore the many possibilities, please follow this guide. That repository and README.md explains how to deploy Archipelago on OSX and Ubuntu 18.04 in 5 simple steps. If you want to keep up with changes and fixes, please subscribe to these repositories.
We invite you to share your questions, use cases, and ideas in the Archipelago Google Groups Forum.
Another way to interact with us is to visit, subscribe to, and participate in our various active Github repositories. Each repository covers one part of Archipelago's functionality. Those repositories are:
- Strawberryfield (Metadata processing, persistence, mangling + smashing and event services)
- Format Strawberryfield (Showing your (meta)data and media to the world)
- Webform Strawberryfield (Adding data to your Archipelago using customizable webforms)
- Strawberry Runners (provides a set of post processing capabilities)
- Archipelago Multi-Importer (module for batch/bulk/mass ingests/updates/removals of Archipelago digital objects and collections)